The OSP Group are currently looking to recruit welders on a temp to perm basis for an engineering company based in Colchester. The Welder will fabricate engineering parts, predominantly in aluminium using various processes and machinery.
• MIG/MAG welding of component parts
• Reading and understanding drawings
• Using hand tools to lay out, position and secure parts and assemblies
• Carrying out tack-welds and/or welds for components and assemblies
• Removing rough spots and spatters using grinders, hand files and scrapers
• Occasional sheet metal machine operation
The Key Requirements
• Experience in MIG/MAG welding and sheet metal machine/processes
• Able to read and understand engineering drawings
• Ability in using hand, pneumatic and battery tools
• Excellent hand-eye coordination, dexterity and attention to detail.
• Flexible team worker with a willingness to learn/develop across various shifts and areas
• A strong possibility of a permanent contract
• Various shift patterns available:
– Monday – Thursday 07:15 – 15:45, Friday 07:15 – 12:15
– Monday – Thursday 06:00 – 14:00, Friday Fri 06:00 – 13:30
– Monday – Thursday 14:00 – 22:30, Friday 13:30 – 18:30
• Working hours of Monday to Friday with a half day finish on Fridays
• Overtime available
• An immediate start
• Working in clean environment with air replacement system and local extraction
• Being part of a friendly, collaborative team
To apply for this welder vacancy online, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below. If, however, you would like to discuss it prior to application then please contact Lee Gosshawk at OSP Group.